* Detect if pies is started from docker
This makes the --no-init option unnecessary.
* When running with PID 1, install SIGCHLD handler early
This is to make sure the exited preprocessor command is cleaned up
* Fix cyclic dependency detection
* New component flag: expandenv
The "expandenv" flag instructs pies to parse the command line
and to expand any references to environment variables within it
as the Bourne shell would have done it. This allows for expanding
the environment variables without the overhead of actually running
This flag is incompatible with the "shell" flag. When both are used,
the preference is given to "shell" and a warning message to that
effect is issued.
* Component standard stream redirection rewritten from scratch
In particular, redirecting stdout/stderr to syslog no longer requires
starting an auxiliar process.
* The component.facility configuration statement is withdrawn
To specify a particular facility, use the fully qualified
facility.priority argument to the stdout or stderr statement, e.g.:
stderr syslog local1.err;
* New configuration statement syslog.dev
The statement configures the socket to communicate with the syslog
daemon. Its argument is either the file name of the local socket
or the IP[:PORT] specification, e.g.
* Global env section
The "env" section appearing in global context modifies the environment
for the main pies process. This modified environment will be
inherited by all processes started by pies in the course of its normal
* New control endpoint /alive
HTTP response to GET /alive/PROG reflects the current state of the
component PROG: 200 if it is running, 503 if not, and 404 if there's
no such component.